Thursday, July 19, 2012

Elephant in the room! :)

Ok, so I have had a couple of people ask me... "WE CAN HAVE CHEESE!?" So the answer is a little  fuzzy... Primarily NO. I understand the last two recipes have had cheese in them, so let me explain. In the first recipe the cheese that I used was low fat mozzarella, which according to my sources was a "Moderately Favorable" food source.... so in my opinion, it was OK.

Now, the second recipe... When I was preparing the recipe, I noticed that the blocks weren't adding up (Each category should have had a total of 8 blocks and the Carb category only had 6.5 blocks), so to get 1.5 more carbs to complete the total blocks for this recipe. I should have used, say, 1/2 cup black beans instead of the cheese (which is actually a PROTEIN food source.) Sooo... I used the cheese in the wrong block (like I said in the beginning, I WILL make mistakes!!). 

Now, with that being said, I was using the cheese just for 1.5 blocks... not a full 8 blocks (which was the total number of blocks the recipe called for)... I was using it "sparingly." I believe that since I was not using an over abundance of this "unfavorable" source," that it was OK.... now say I was making something and the recipe called for like 6 Protein blocks, and I used ALL cheese... NOT OK!

I hope that cleared things up and I PROMISE I will do better in checking the recipes before I post them again! And I'll try to make my recipes fit more closely to the zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment