Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Top of the Mornin' To Ya!

So I have been up and at this morning, 6am Crossfit workout done and now I'm in the kitchen trying a new recipe! I love some smoothies and well this is one is pretty DA-LISH!

So the recipe makes for a 3 Block drink but I divided mine in half because it made so much!
Therefore; making it a 2 serving smoothie, each being 1.5 Blocks.

STRAWBERRY-KIWI SMOOTHIE

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup milk (or soymilk) (1C, 1F, 1P)
1 Cup Strawberries (I used the frozen kind, they seemed to make it more thick, which I wanted) (1C)
1 Kiwi (1C)
1 Cup Ice
14 g of whey protein (I used vanilla flavored... YUM! I used half a scoop, just look at the nutritional info to determine how much you need to get 14 g of protein) (2P)
6 almonds, chopped (2F)

DIRECTIONS:

Step One:
In a blender, combine the milk, strawberries, and kiwi.
Step Two:
Add ice, and make sure everything is blended smoothly

Step Three:
Add protein, blend well. Then top with almonds

(Picture is without almonds)

1 comment: